Monday, January 14, 2008

Never GOOGLE!

Ask my husband. I'm a huge worrier and an even bigger hypochondriac. J is as cool as a cucumber. Never worries. Today he woke me up freaked out cause he said he's jaw line was swollen. (I couldn't really tell.) He said it was puffy and it hurt to the touch. It was on both sides. So he immediately wants to call the doc to schedule an appt. This is not the man I married! He hates the doc. So now I'm freaking out cause my usually nonchalent husband is freaking out.

He got an appt with the doc. Doc said he had swollen lymphnodes in his neck. The probable cause is that he is fighting off some form of infection. He'll need to go back in a week if they are still bothering him.

So I'm at work today and I google "swollen lymphnodes." Big mistake!

The first thing I see is CANCER. It's not even the first heading or anything. IT's in the fine print of an article. But my brain pops it out like it's the Hollywood Sign. The article goes on to say that the most likely cause of swollen lymphnodes is an infection and that it's VERY VERY unlikely it's anything else. Good signs for J are that the swolleness of the glands is sudden and not a gradual occurence.

I'm sure it's nothing. I just love freaking myself out. I need to post a sticky note by all my comps that remind me "NEVER GOOGLE!"

No comments: