Saturday, February 9, 2008

I feel like I scrammed the public library

About 4 years ago when I first moved down here, I got a card at the public library. Well, I wasn't very responsible with it and I checked out 7 books and took months to return them. By that time I accumulated the maximum fine for each book which is $10 per book for a total of $70 which I never paid.

Well, J and I are trying to save money, but I love to read and I need some kind of fix. So I was thinking since I've moved twice since then and my name changed maybe they wouldn't know who I was.

So I went to the library today. I told them I lost my card and haven't been here for years. They asked for my driver's license which has my married name. The guy there couldn't find me. I didn't offer my maiden name or old address. So he made me reapply and I got a new card. Yay!

But now I feel kinda guilty. Just a bit. And I promise I'm gonna return these before their due date!!!! Promise.

No comments: