Sunday, March 9, 2008

Whirlwind Weekend

Our weekend got off to quite a bang on Friday morning. J went to work super early so that we could leave for Houston as soon as I got off of work. But on his way to work, J's car broke down AGAIN! (A few months ago we spent abou $2500 to repair the car!) Once he called me, it was clear that we needed to do something. Well, we've been talking about getting an SUV forever. So it was time to take the plunge. We decided to just leave for Houston that morning (I called in sick!) to go car shopping.

Once we got to Houston, we dropped off our dogs and luggage at my parents' house and started shopping. We started with the Ford dealership and found an Edge. It was love at first sight. We talked with a kid there for about 20 minutes and then headed to the next dealership.

We stopped by a few other place, but nothing compared to the Edge. And since my parents have a deal with their employers when they buy a car they told us to wait for them to go talk to the salesmen. Plus they've been dealing with a certain salesman for a few years now when they've been buying their cars. My mom called him and let him know we were coming and to get a good deal ready.

Let me just say THANK GOODNESS that my parents were with us. J and I have never done anything like this before and probably would have gotten eaten alive. But my parents were able to get us a fabulous deal!!!

We are now the proud owners of a Ford Edge. It'll be perfect for all of Goob's stuff. And J and I are already fighting over who will drive it. (I'll win!)

No comments: