Monday, June 16, 2008

"How do you have time to read?"

I was asked this today by an online friend who came across my listing to the right of all the books I've read in '08 (FYI: it's not a complete listing, it's only the latest 10 entries. Right now the list currently stands at 38 books to date.)

Well, I can't stop reading. It's what I do to destress and get back on track when life gets too rough. I have to do it. I'm crazy without it. I've always been a huge reader. It's just a part of me.

So, I have to make time to read.
  • The majority of my reading time comes when I'm pumping. (I've been exclusively pumping for almost 7 weeks. That's a whole other story though.) I currently pump for 20 minutes every 3 hours during the day and every 4 hours at night. I read while I pump. It's an art form. J laughs at me but it makes pumping a little less like a nuisance and a little more enjoyable. I even will whip out my book while pumping at 4 in the morning! I'm dedicated.
  • I read in the car (not when I'm driving!) If J and I and Goob have to go somewhere, I always pull out my book. Even if we're just driving 5 minutes away, that's five minutes of reading time.
  • I read during my baths. I can put Goob down for a nap in the afternoons, and I know that I have at least half an hour to take a long, hot bath and enjoy my book.
  • I also read while J spends quality time with Goob in the evenings.
  • Basically, anytime I'm not playing with Goob, feeding Goob, changing Goob, washing bottles, cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, or sleeping, I'm reading!

No comments: