Thursday, July 17, 2008

Weaning from the pump! Woo hoo!


I absolutely hate this machine. It's awful. And I'm so thankful to say that I'm weaning myself from it. I go back to work in about a month. DH and I agreed when we first realized that I'd have to be an exclusive pumper that I'd stop pumping at Aug 1. (I've been pumping for 2.5 months)

After much research about the weaning, I've decided to start increasing the time between my pumping sessions. I started about 2 weeks ago. At that point I was pumping every 3 hours at getting about 40 ounces, so I started pumping every 4 hours for a week and was getting 36 ounces. Now I'm pumping every 5 hours and am now getting 32 ounces and decreasing. Next Sunday I'll go up to 6 hours between sessions. and I'll keep increasing until I totally stop on August 3. The pump will go to the very back of the closet. Woo hoo!! I can hardly wait to not have to stop what I'm doing every few hours and attach myself to a pump.



This is my freezer supply. I have saved about 1000 ounces of breastmilk. That should last us an addiional 3 weeks after I finish pumping. So Goob will have been exclusively breast feed for 4 months. I'm happy with that. It's better than nothing!

3 comments:

Marie said...

Courtney that is awesome!! You did such a great job EPing!!! Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! With Natasha, that's exactly how I weaned from pumping too, same way you are.

Amanda said...

Wow!!! Good job. I can't pump anywhere close to that and am lucky to have 20 ounces saved!