Sunday, June 22, 2008

Now I can catch my breath...

Wow. I feel like I've been on the go this whole weekend. My parents and cousin came down from Houston on Friday morning. They left Houston at 4 am and I had my phone ringing at 9 to tell me that they were just getting into town. (Usually when my parents visit, they go to my grandma's house and I go over there. Not anymore. Their grandbaby is the first priority now.) Well, Goob was asleep still. So I jumped in the shower. I barely had time to put on my clothes before the doorbell rang. I let them in and my mom just barged into my room to the pack 'n play to get Goob.

They hung out for a few hours at the house just playing and holding Goob. He's changed so much since the last time they saw him. They were shocked. He was smiling and talking to them. (He's so cute!) Then we went out to lunch and to see my grandma.

I talked my mom and cousin into going to Babies R Us with me. My parents owed me a birthday present so I told them I wanted a jogging stroller. Plus I wanted to look for some shoes, books and toys for Goob. Plus, I needed to get a gift for my cousin's girlfriends baby shower in a few weeks. (Goob's first little friend!)

So we went to BRU and spent some serious money. My mom bought the stroller and a high chair for my Annie (cousin's girlfriend), plus a bunch of rompers and shoes for Goob. My cousin (who adores Goob!) got him a ton of toys. And I got him 2 Baby Einstein tapes and some books, plus a contour pad for Annie. Now the funny part was trying to fit it all in my poor little SUV. It was hilarious. There were two huge boxes, plus my big ole normal stroller, plus a car seat, plus the three of us. My mom had to squeeze between Goob and the stroller.

Before we started home my Aunt Stella called and since we were close to her work she wanted us to stop by. So we did. Goob was oohed and aahed over. (He's so cute!)

Finally made it back to my grandma's house, 4 hours later and about $500 poorer. J finally got out of work and we all went to dinner. I had a strawberry daiquari (sp?). Delicious!! And over dinner, my parents start in on me about letting Goob stay the night with them on Saturday. They were staying with my grandma. I'd told them I'd think about it. And they kept going on and on and on and on.

After dinner, my parents went back to my grandma's, J, Goob, my cousin and I went home. We put Goobto bed. And the rest of us watched Supersize Me. Ugh. Not a pleasant movie. Halfway through the movie, Goob got lonely and J went and got him. He came out of the bedroom all smiling and happy. J held him for a few minutes and he fell right back to sleep.

Saturday morning my dad and J took a trip to Home Depot and did a bunch of home repairs. We added wooden blinds in our dining room and kitchen and Goob's room. What a difference. The house is so much cooler. It's amazing!!! They also replaced the toilet in our bathroom. Our original toilet was turquoise and was put in by the builders of the home over 25 years ago. J spent a bunch of money at Home Depot, but I think it was all worth it. The blinds should help us save on our eletricity bill and the toilet is supposed to conserve water. We'll see. Oh and I made J use a $5 off Home Depot coupon. Yay!

J went to work and Monica (my cousin) and I watched Sex and the City most of the afternoon. My parents and Monica finally convinced me to let Goob sleep over. So I started packing everything he would need. I packed 5 4 oz bottles, plus I packed 2 frozen packets of breast milk. I was so worried about him not having enough to eat. We took him over to my parents, had a delicious dinner that my mom made. Homemade chicken enchiladas with Spanish rice. Yum!!!

When it came time to say goodbye, my parents had to practically force me out the door. Goob was being so good and happy and smiley. I almost started crying. Almost.

Monica and I went to play Bingo. I've never been but Monica went last weekend in Houston and wanted to go play again so we found a bingo hall. IT was crazy. It was packed. It cost us $20 each to play bingo from 7 to around 10. They had some really good jackpots ($250 or $500) and some crazy bingo games. I didn't win. Boo. But we had a blast laughing at all the people. IT was mostly old folks and they certainly take this game seriously. Once woman had a specially made Bingo Bag! And we would get dirty looks for talking or laughing too loudly which only made us laugh more. I had a really good time.

After Bingo, I called my mom and she said that Goob sounded congested. Since I didn't pack his drops, I ran to Walgreens and went back to my grandma's house to give it to him. I seriously considered just taking him home but my parents wouldn't let me.

We came home and watched more SEx and the City. We finally called it a night around 12:30.

J called and told me he was on his way home. So I decided to pump right then so when he got home, we could just go to bed. And I had alrady decided that I wasn't gonna wake up to pump, I was going to try and get some uninterrupted sleep. The longest sleep I've gotten in the past two month is about 5 hours. So I pumped and J got home around 1:30 and we went to bed.

I woke up at 8......and was in agony. My boobs were like rocks. I pumped 12 ounces! I've never pumped 12 ounces. The most I've ever pumped in a pumping session was 8 ounces. And afterwards I felt so much better. And I felt so accomplished. :D

And then I threw on jeans and brushed my teeth and picked up my son. He was sleeping but I couldn't resist picking him up. And the best part was when I was holding him and he woke up, he gave me the biggest smile!!

My parents and cousin left around 2 to go back to Houston. J went to work at the same time so I've been alone all afternoon. Goob was used to everyone holding him all weekend and didn't want to be set down so I didn't get much cleaning or laundry done. Okay, I didn't get ANYthing done.

I just put the boy to bed. And I'm hoping that he'll go to sleep quickly. J should be home around 12 or 1 to feed him so I'm hoping he'll stay asleep until then. Fingers crossed.

No comments: