Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I survived the weekend!

We arrived to San Antonio on Friday morning around 11. We were the first out of towners so Goob's grandparents had him all to themselves. Once everyone else arrived and cooed over my gorgeous baby, we pigged out on barbeque then headed to J's grandparents (Goob's great grandparents) house to introduce everyone to my baby. (For some reason, I don' have any pictures of Goob meeting his aunts and uncles. My ILs have them so I'll put them up when I can.)

Goob enjoyed meeting his great grandparents.


Here's J, Goob, and the great grandparents.


Then I got the 4 generations pic that I bugged J about.


Then grandma scooped him up and wouldn't put him down again.


Finally after we got back from the great grandparents and had more barbeque, it was time for Goob's bath, especially since he was passed around and around and around and he now smelled like everyone else's perfume. Ugh. After his bath, Goob went right to sleep and slept for 8 hours. It was AMAZING!


The next morning Goob was again passed around and around and around from aunt to uncle to grandma to aunt to grandpa to dad to uncle, etc, etc. All that passing around makes a little boy exhausted. So while J and I got dressed for J's dad's retirement party, my baby passed out.



Then it as off to the retirement party. 100 people showed up. And again my baby was oohed and aahed over (of course!) and passed around and around and around. I really wantedd to bust out my hand sanitizer, but then I worried that the ILs, et al, would think I'm a nut case. As the dinner was wrapping up, my BIL managed to take a nice picture of my little family. It's one of the few that we have since usually one of us is taking the pictures. (forgive the cleavage, oh the joys of breastfeeding!)


The next morning, we trekked a hundred miles to see MY family (YAY!) at "the River." Every year my grandparents and aunts and uncles "camp" at the Frio River for 3 weeks. I've been going every year since I was born (I think I missed one year). They "camp" with the same group of people every year (my grandparents have been "camping" here for 30+ years. Everyone is really good friends with everyone else. So my Meme was dying for me to come out so she could show off her great grandson. (I say "camp" because it's not like tent campings with no running water. Everyone usually has a big 5th wheel trailer with personal restrooms/showers. It's not exactly "roughing it.") Anyway, here's my Papa with Goob.


Me and Goob




This is Goob and my Meme (my hero!). And look we are in her big ole trailer! It's definitely not "roughing it"!


Then we had to take a picture overlooking the River. It's a tradition. Every year everyone takes pictures here. (In fact, J and I took our engagement pictures about 50 feet from here! Wow, that was 2 years ago.)


Here's our beautiful River.


Another tradition we have is the "River Dunking." Every family I have that was born after my grandparents started coming to the river has been "River Dunked": my uncle, Mike, me (at 3 mos), my cousin Caitlyn (14 mos), my cousin Chandler (2 mos), my cousin Mason (11 mos), my cousin Rylee (9 mos). Now it was Goob's turn. Here's Daddy preparing to River Dunk Goob. A River Dunk is just putting your feet in the water!


And here's the dunk! As soon as Goob's feet touched the water, the crying began. He didn't like. I think it's cause the water was a little chilly or maybe we just surprised him. The tears didn't last long cause as soon as I got to him, he was fine.


A few hours later, he was happily playing in his new bouncy seat at the ILs.


Then J went off to hang out with his brother and left Goob and I to play by ourselves.


Monday afternoon we headed home. As soon as we got home, I realized that I left my beloved bottle brush at my ILs and had to go get another. J had a little too much fun with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.