Monday, November 10, 2008

I'm not Super-Teacher...Thank goodness.

So this is my 5th year of teacher. For the past 4 years, I've been busting my booty trying to do everything.

One of my many projects was taking over my school's UIL program. It's a competition between schools in different academic events. I've been the coordinator for 3 years. I had to pick out coaches, recruit students, arrange for transportation and meals, manage the students and collaborate with other schools. It's a pain in the butt. And the only perk is the paycheck. It's an extra $900.

I even did this last year. Our big meet last year was in February. I was 7 months pregnant and miserable, but I got through it. (You should've seen my legs after that. I was so swollen.)

Anyway, this year I am already stressed about it. Last night I went to bed thinking of everything I had to do. I even got up extra early to get to school early to get some things done. I had to leave my baby and husband in bed to go. Well, on my way to work I decided that it's not worth it. Yes, $900 would be great, but it's not necessary. I'd rather not have to stress myself out about it. I got to work and asked my great friend, Ada, to take it on and she said yes.

As soon as the words came out of her mouth, I felt this huge weight lifted off my shoulders. Ahhh.

I'm not going to feel guilty about it. I have a 6 month old. I have a husband. I have my students to worry about. I'll focus on them, not extracurriculars.

No comments: